I’d like to have a page with links to some of my favourite techniques, or those techniques that I want to refer to occasionally and don’t want to start searching for. Some of these techniques I have mentioned and linked to in the blog itself, but that also means searching.
I will probably be adding to this page often, as I encounter more techniques that I’ll want to remember!
- Provisional Cast -on
- Very Stretchy Cast-on For Double And Single Ribbing By Tillybuddy
- Judy Becker’s Magic Cast-on (for toe-up socks)
- Sideways Edge Cast-on <—– very cool!!
- Rosemarie’s Belly Button Cast-on for Circular Projects
- Eyelet Cast-on
- Cast-on list – at least 58 different cast-ons with instructions and videos from Oftroy!!
- Picot Bind-off
- Interlock Bind-off Haven’t tried this yet, but it looks good!
- Crochet Bind-off It uses NO YARN!!!
- Non-stockinette Kitchener Very handy for garter stitch and ribbing!
- Knitted on Border (Perpendicular)
- Lifted Increase
- Shaping the top of a hat
- Knitting in the Round: Jogless Stripes
- More about Jogless Stripes
- Fleegle’s No-Purl Garter Stitch In-The-Round
- Invisible Braided Join for 1 colour
- KoolAid Dyeing
- More KoolAid Dyeing
- Shadow Wraps for Short Rows – very neat!
- Entrelac (This is a photo tutorial for a specific entrelac pattern, but very clear and useful!
- Twisted Garter Cuff Edging
- Darn – For those times you find a hole in your hand knit socks!
- Fabric lining – The best tutorial for attaching a fabric lining to knitting